Sunday, October 17, 2010

heartburn

I can't stand Tums.  The chalky texture as you chew them up, and the horrible taste - why is fruity flavor a good flavor choice for medications?  I am all about mint.  Anyway, all I'm saying is that this baby is going to have hair.

or else that old wives tale is a big, fat, lie.

Cause I have heartburn.  All the time.  Or at least it feels like it.  And since I am only 19 weeks, I have a long time to have heartburn, all the time.  I haven't had a bald baby yet, and when pregnant with R and K I had this terrible heartburn as well.

they both had lots of hair...see:
Ryker at 1 day old

Kiplin at 1 day old

Anyway our ultrasound is coming up in the next 10ish days.  So will our sweet #3 be a Milky Way or a Snickers...

2 comments:

Journey_On said...

Actually, this old wives' tale might have some truth to it! I read a small article about it in Parenting magazine, and a study was done on it. Also here is an article from three years ago:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/318037/pregnant_mothers_with_heartburn_can.html?cat=25

My sister-in-law had some moderate heartburn during pregnancy, and yup....my niece was born with a head full of hair. :)

I hope that the heartburn goes away soon!

Btw, love the new banner/layout at the top!

-Ashley- said...

I never had heartburn... not once... and my kid had a head full. I think it probably depends more on genes than on heartburn, lol... but the wives tales are fun nonetheless. ;)


LOVE the new layout!!