The boys stayed with J, our babysitter, so that P and I could really enjoy this together.
I was instantly annoyed with the ultrasound tech, perhaps related to my painfully full bladder or the fact he insisted I wear a gown sans pants to avoid getting the ultrasound gel all over. Dude, like I care if I get ultrasound gel on my pants, I just want to wear my freaking pants! Anyway, he is so obviously a guy, because a woman would never require this silliness.
Within minutes P and I both eagerly declared baby to be a boy. Boy were we wrong, it was umbilical cord. After the images requiring a full bladder were taken, I quickly bolted to the bathroom. Whoever thought that making it necessary for a pregnant woman to have a full bladder during an ultrasound is a complete idiot. This is baby #3 and the first time that I have ever needed to have a full bladder for an ultrasound, apparently my city needs to get up to date with technology or something.
and then came the cross section of the umbilical cord. Normally there are 3 vessels - 2 arteries and one vein - it makes a Micky Mouse sort of shape. See I know this because of all that time prepping for the NCLEX examination. I guess that random fact of stored away nursing school knowledge became useful. Anyway, I instantly said there are only 2, that isn't right. The ultrasound tech proceeded to capture several more images, and really focused on the kidneys. I had to reposition several times to get a good image. After he was done getting all the measurements he needed he proceeded to look at the gender.
The cutest shout of "YES" complete with jumping up, arms raised in the air was P's reaction to the gender news. I, not surprisingly, began to cry. All this because we found out our little sweet pea is a GIRL!
and here is a 20 week picture. Notice the big hair... done this way to minimize my hip size : )
(I wish I was kidding!).
And the most important picture of all. Here is our sweet little baby girl who has a profile equally as perfect as her older brothers...
Anyway we left the ultrasound cautiously excited. We headed to campus for P to do some work while also having a lunch date with his two girls : ). We skimmed a baby name book - for girl names of course - in between the times that his students were coming in to pick up their labs. Both of us were nervous about our sweet girls umbilical cord, and smaller size. I forced myself to steer clear of google to avoid reading into all that can go wrong with a 2 vessel cord. I met with my doctor for my appointment later in the day, she said she would get the ultrasound results tomorrow. Fabulous, just fabuolus. This meant for a night of worries and no sleep. I asked her what could possibly be a result, she said kidney related issues and a small for gestation baby. Since our little sweet girl is already small, we are just going to monitor her size. This means more ultrasounds = more sneak peaks of her beauty! She assured me that she didn't want to go into all the what ifs, and would talk with me more on the phone after she got the results from the radiologist.
Then today P got the phone call while I was at work. She is perfect, just measuring a little over a week smaller than she should. She has two perfect little kidneys, 4 chambers to her heart beating at 147bpm, 10 fingers and toes, perfect little soccer kicking legs, and a beautiful profile. And now my rate of stress related wrinkles has decreased drastically, thank goodness. A night a peaceful sleep is in order. P and I are just so thankful to have our baby girl healthy. And so here is to another shout of "YES" complete with jumping up, arms raised in the air. Can't wait to add some femininity into this household of boys! So excited! Now she just needs to grow...
1 comment:
I am so incredibly excited for you guys! So happy that she is good and healthy. Just will be petite and cute like her mama ;)
That girl is going to be so loved and pampered by her big brothers... lots of guys protecting her in that household! :) Too cute.
Chelsea
Post a Comment