5:30am and my little nursling baby is stirring in her crib. A lovely alternative wake up call compared to the alarm that was set to go off just 15 minutes later.
I nurse her and shush her. Patting her back and praying she goes back to sleep.
I get up and ready for the day.
My day of interviews for FNP positions.
Curls, heels, and clothing other than scrubs/workout attire are proof this is a monumental day.
I head out, trying to be as quiet as possible as not to wake the tiny humans nestled in bed.
6:00am and I am on the road. Purse in hand.
I arrive 15 minutes early, because that is standard interview etiquette. My unzipped, oversized purse has me pondering the things I should have done before this interview - manicure, apply deodorant, and my purse...
Contents inside my purse (aka mama bag) include: a wallet exploding with crumpled receipts, an ugly colored lipstick, a cap-less red marker, a blue and purple marker, 3 diapers, container of wipes, spiderman action figure, baby toy that chimes when wiggled, 5 resumes, peppermint essential oil, fruit snacks, and a half eaten granola bar.
As I get ready to zip it, a lady greets me in the lobby. She insists on ordering me a Starbucks coffee, I obviously do not refuse!
Coffee in hand we make our way to the interview round table. She tells me not to be intimidated and says there will be 5-8 physicians coming. I can't really focus on what she is saying because all I hear is that darn baby toy in my purse - rattle, chime, ding in a repetative tune. I step a little more graceful as we approach the room hoping to make a quieter entrance.
I was the focus of the round table, obviously. It was intimidating, but not overwhelmingly so. After 30 minutes I shook hands with the crowded table of people, and ended the interview with a tour of the hospital from another NP.
"They will offer you the job" she tells me. "They don't give a tour if you aren't going to get the offer."
I thank her for her time. Walk out to the van, and throw that baby toy in the van immediately when I get inside.
They called tonight, said they would check references and then give me a formal offer once references check out.
5 blisters on my feet from uncomfortable heels, but apparently I must come aoilcross with more confidence than I think I have.
Now to wait and wonder.
No comments:
Post a Comment