Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer life, 2014

It is a beautiful juggle this mama of 4 role.  One that involves managing time to focus on three "bigger" kids while a baby snoozes.  To look them each in the eyes, listen to their stories, jokes, and personalities.  To say yes when they ask for me to jump on the trampoline at 8:00am, bouncing these two little boys high in the sky.  And despite exhaustion and jello-feeling legs, to continue jumping for 45 minutes straight.  To run in and grab a baby once she fusses, put her in the sling so that I can uphold that promise of pushing a pink "ballerina" swim suited little girl high in the sky on the swing.  That little girl who waited patiently for her moment of mama-time while I jumped with the boys.  and to sometimes just sit on the steps of our rickety deck, nursing a baby, and watch the three of them, be the three of them... 

The latest obsession is playing "American Ninja Warrior" where the boys make up random "ninja" like activities to compete in.  Here Kip shows off his skills.
 Jovie lives in swimsuits, this one she refers to as her "ballerina."  Her hair is always wild, the humidity does something to those wispy new curls growing in around her face.
After our morning outside, I was a sweaty beast, and didn't want to torture poor H with my smelliness, so I decided it would be the perfect time to attempt a bottle feeding.  Jovie loved every moment of feeding her sister a bottle.  Poor Hartley's eyes got huge as she experienced a bottle the first time.  She made those quick gulping noises, those ones that clearly mean "oh crap, this plastic thingy-majig is sending my milk out way too fast, and I can't keep up!"
 Ryker was grossed out by "boob milk in a bottle" but not enough to deter him from missing out on feeding Hartley.  While he was feeding her, he informed Kip and Jov that he fed them like this too, and flashed his big brotherly proud smile.
 Then the kids had lunch - grapes, PB&J, chips, bananas, yogurt, and a "yo-reo"

Quiet time, 1.5 hours, where they all headed to their rooms and I snuggled sweet H.  A time to regroup, re-energize, and take on the 2nd half of the day just as crazy as the first.

Then a much needed snack time left them ready to get back outside again.  Bubbles were the excitement of the afternoon.  I love when they do things for each other.  My sweet Kip, helping Jovie get bubbles…and a squeaky little voice saying "Kip you just the greatest, thanks!"

The boys went all "ninja warrior" on the bubbles...



My favorite pic of my favorite firstborn that I have taken in a long time.  Showing off my favorite dimples of his, and that missing tooth…:).  Adorableness!


 and then he noticed I was taking his picture, so he had to be all boy-like for me…lovely.

 Middle little love…and his sweet smirk.


 We played outside all afternoon, coming indoors at 6pm for dinner, baths, Wii time, books, and bed.

and goodness, the sweetness of a freshly bathed baby makes for a perfect evening.




























1 comment:

*Ashley* said...

Ahhh! Such sweetness in these pictures. <3 You are doing amazing at being mama of 4!