So all that stress, a total waste of a night.
I did have a fabulous run today because of it - 4 miles. I ended up walking the loooong hill right before our cute yellow house, and felt embarrassed. Perhaps it was all that wasted energy stressing out.
This run made me realize I want to run a marathon. again. I've got a looooong way to go given I had to walk up that hill, but I'm a marathoner at heart, I've got what it takes to get back in marathon shape. Maybe not finishing a marathon that will give me a personal record time...but finishing a marathon as a personal accomplishment - a marathoner, mama of 3, RN, grad student, and wife to the greatest Mr. around.
Anyway.
P has been a basket case preparing for a lecture on performance enhancing drugs for tomorrow's class. Apparently his collegiate days as an athlete didn't prep him for knowledge on this topic, which I am not complaining about at all. He's retired his running shoes, and declared em his stay fit and healthy shoes. Apparently that loss at the Skeleton 5K Halloween run was too much for him ;(. I was really looking forward to a redemption title during the turkey trot 8K too.
But these littles keep us too busy for competitive running most days.
Not complaining. At all. Just saying how it is.
When you want to keep up, and parent them they way they deserve, training hard enough to win races makes us tired and less patient. And they deserve more.
So we choose health, and them. Making our priority to exercise to stay healthy, and have enough energy/time to make a difference in their life. Maybe someday we'll be rockstars of the masters age group.
Until then, we do what we need to do to keep up with these monkeys...and love every single.second we get with them.
Why yes, I let them jump off the bed.
except I didn't let little lady. She's too small, and would probably break. And so, she's mad.
My little loves.
He bumped his head, on the wall, cause I let him wrestle with his brother. And I melted as I looked over to see R. Sibling sweetness.
and in a second all was right in the world and the wrestling/jumping fest continued. He is a tough on, my K.
I hope they are always buddies.





No comments:
Post a Comment