Monday, November 14, 2011

Blue toenails

I painted my toenails yesterday.  The first time in a long time.

I know, I know, you are probably thinking...she has three kids, how'd she have time to do that.

Well the boys were doing their morning laps around the kitchen table, and Jovie girl was humming while eating Cheerios for the first time ever...and well what is a mom of 3 to do in a moment like this but whip out the nail polish and indulge.

So I did, and my toes are a pretty plum now.

and a little boy, my middle little, says, "mine mom please" as he spans his long monkey toes out toward me. 

So I did his too.

Paul rolled his eyes.

And my big, little boy wanted his done too.

So my two boys, they have blue toenails.

You better believe I am so eager for the day when I get to dazzle Jovie's piggies.  I am all about cute little hairbows, and painted nails, and ruffle socks...but goodness my girl will be able to rock with her rowdy brothers too.  I'll teach her some dainty girly-ness to go with the tomboy that having two older brothers will surely bring.   

Ryk wanted his fingernails painted too, but since he goes to a catholic preschool (which is weird since we aren't catholic) I refrained.  He is already the unkept kid in class; you know, that kid who had long hair until mid September when he finally wanted it cut, and the one who wears basketball shorts and a character t-shirt every.single.day to school.  Yep, he is going to have it rough if he has to go to kindergarten there...they have a uniform dress code.  He doesn't do collared shirts, "they just aren't my thing mom."

I offered to paint Paul's toenails too, which would actually make them look much better than the yuck he has going on - think nasty runner feet.

He declined, which actually made me thankful since I don't have a pair of gloves to wear.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Too cute! Mike freaks if I paint one of Ki's nails. (Not that Ki would let me anymore.) And you better believe Ella had hers painted pink before she was a month old! That was the easy time when she just laid there. You should do it while Jovie's munching cheerios. Ella loves hers painted now. Girly stuff is so fun! She loves her amber necklace and hair clips and earrings too. :)