- We slept on borrowed air mattresses -
- drove around in my sister's car (thanks so very much J!)
- enjoyed a last minute get together with loved ones -
Papa and his only granddaughter
cousins
fearless almost 2 year old...
My grams with my daughter
Even though his boys are grown - he still has the magic baby touch.
4 generations of girls
I want Paul and I to be like my grandparents when we get older - gray haired and so in love.
- and tried our best to keep our kids entertained without any toys while we anxiously awaited our moving day.
Kip trying to crawl under Ryk's legs
Jovie is mastering her fine motor skills - her hands are always so busy!
Since we were kitchen table-less we improvised...
J found her toes!
R pretended to be a boxer
K rocked out in J's carseat
We played hide n' seek, a lot. Empty cupboards and closets left lots of hiding places.
I let K play in my wallet
R listened to Pandora on daddy's droid, not to worry though, Paul's favorite music was not the music choice played for R.
K played in the laundry hamper
More fun on the Droids
Laundry hamper again. No, we do not put him in these, he climbs in by himself. Strange kid.
He looks so grown up to me in this picture!
Rainy day walks to the dumpster
Aunt C found a tiny frog
and was able to convince R to hold it!
R almost melted down going through airport security because he didn't want to take his shoes off. Perhaps
this was the reason that both Paul and I were "randomly" selected for further inspection. Since I was holding K as we walked through the metal detector, he was also inspected. Apparently they were just inspecting for explosives, they swabbed our hands. K's hands set the detector off, but the TSA guy just rolled his eyes and let us go on our way. I guess cheerio dust mixed with slobber and boogers is the latest and newest way to make a bomb...
The first 2.5 hour flight went great, I had all three kiddos while Paul was sitting across the aisle discussing exercise related stuff with an older couple...seriously.
Evidence that this really happened...though you can't see J cause she was hidden behind K's carseat.
I enjoyed every moment of it though, I watched my sweet content family - R snuggled up on my lap (a rare occasion these days), K all set in his carseat with his blanket, Jovie nursing, Paul getting all excited discussing all things running related with two people eager to hear about it all.
R was super excited to look outside explaining that the clouds would feel "fluffy" and he just wished he could reach out and grab a hand full of them. He kept asking when we would be high enough to see God. J and K slept most of the flight.
The landing into Denver was really rough. K being the wild child, absolutely loved it. R had a death grip on the seat but had a smile on his face. He said the turbulation made his tummy feel silly.
Then our connecting flight was delayed. Just what we needed. Thankfully there is a McDonalds and a Jamba Juice at the Denver airport. Paul kept the boys busy running around until it was finally time to board - at 8pm (which is 1 hour past bedtime for the boys). Given the late departure, I'd say my kids were gems on the plane. K only screamed for about 10 minuted, which occurred during landing, because his ears hurt :(.
The number of white trash moments by the Loprinzi family during the airport extravaganza...
- Next time you fly, bring a disinfectant wipe to sanitize those trays. I might or might not of used it as a changing table multiple times...just saying.
- Kip exploded a McD's BBQ sauce all over himself and the airport carpet. Then proceeded to take a swig of my Dr. Pepper. Side note - Ryk is 4.5 years old and still hasn't consumed any soda.
- Our kids used those esclator things - the ones that are suppose to make you cover more distance quickly, but usually end up never doing so because you get stuck behind someone who stops walking all together - as a play toy, running up and down them.
- Changing diapers at the gate instead of walking to the restroom. In fairness to me, I wasn't being lazy, I just didn't want to leave my loot unaccounted for (P was busy running energy out of the boys, so I was the loot keeper and the baby watcher). The constant reminder on the overhead speaker to not leave luggage/items unaccounted for made me paranoid that they might think Kippy's carseat, or our 2 black backpacks were part of a bomb or something and put us through further inspection.
- Ryk was shirtless from the start of our connecting flight until we arrived in our hotel - it was HOT. We did get some funny looks, and comments, but it was 1am so we chose to pick appropriate battles. Putting a shirt on an exhausted kid, who didn't want one on was not on the top list of priorities.
- I was covered in sweat, baby spit up, and Kiplin snot by the end of our flights. Jovie spit up for the trillionth time, I proceeded to use my hand to get it off of her, then wipe it on my shorts...another passenger commented and had a look of disgust. Motherhood trumps cleanliness, I'd rather have it on me than on her. She had already gone though all of her 6 outfits I had packed for her.
R woke up in a much better mood. We lazed around the hotel while P did all the busy work of getting the keys to our new place, letting the movers in, etc.
and if you made it this far...you must be bored.
1 comment:
So so glad ya'll made is safe. Sounds like you and the kiddos handled traveling really well.
Welcome to the South!!! Although, you can't get sweet tea in Kentucky so I don't know if it is fully Southern. LOL
Post a Comment