Saturday, August 7, 2010

Beary cute

On Ryker's first birthday we took him to Toys R' Us where we let him wander the store, in hopes he'd pick the perfect birthday gift.  He came across this ginormous bear and fell madly in love.  We were thinking about getting it, then looked at the price tag - $100 dollars for a big, stuffed bear...seriously!  Figuring that this bear would only be a hit for a few days at most, we couldn't justify spending that much.   

*and looking at this picture makes me all emotional - time is just flying by much too quickly!

and then on a recent trip to Costco, we came across huge bears again.  This time I had two little boys who wanted them.  I looked at the price, and well $27 was WAY more reasonable.  So without thinking I loaded two of em' up in the cart.  We were quite the sight walking the aisles.  Two little boys in the front of the cart, two huge bears in the basket of the cart, and me trying to steer this cart that I couldn't even see over.  Such a bummer I didn't have my camera with me to capture the memories.  I managed to pay for them and get em' to the car.  Then I get to the car and wonder how in the heck I am going to fit all of us (R, K, me, and our 2 new huge bears) in our tiny little Nissan Sentra.

So one was squished in the passenger seat
 
and one was sandwiched between the boys in the back...


So probably one of the most ridiculous purchases we have ever made for the boys, but they are so in love!  And watching them play with them is just so "beary" cute!

2 comments:

Journey_On said...

Aww, how fun! I'm sure it is worth it just to see the happiness in their eyes. :) And I'm glad Costco had the huge bears for a more reasonable price. Hehe, I wonder what the other drivers on the road thought when they saw the bear in the passenger seat? ;) I know if I had seen that, I would have smiled and thought, how cute is that?! :)

Anonymous said...

So incredible CUTE!!! Love the pics... you can tell that they are so very happy to have them. Awww :) And that pic of Ryk when he was almost 1.... precious.
Chelsea